ADTO members who are serious about quitting smoking and wish to receive individualized support through a structured program can access the Aspiria telephone smoking cessation service.
The telephone smoking cessation program (Quit Care) incudes:
- 1 initial interview, 4 treatment sessions, 2 aftercare sessions, 1 booster session (if needed)
- same certified smoking cessation therapist throughout entire program
- abstinence-based program (quit date usually set for 2-weeks into program)
- treatment sessions are 50 min. in length, usually spaced apart about 1-2 weeks
- program focuses on 3 main areas: activators, behaviours, and consequences
- goal setting, homework, and reading assignments are integral to the program
- Workbook included in the program
For more information, call 1-877-234-5327.